Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bee There

My 4th block


A huge thank you to everyone who has sent in log cabin blocks for Japan! And thanks to those of you who have posted photos on the Flickr group. It's so fun to see people's quilting points of view. What a wonderful variety we will have for this project.

I'm excited to announce that piecing and quilting will begin this weekend and you're invited!

When: Sunday April 10th, noon and 4 p.m.
Where: Sewtropolis
5 West Diamond Lake Rd Minneapolis, MN 55419
Located on the southwest side of Diamond Lake Rd and Nicollet Ave S.
Bring: a sewing machine, a rotary cutter, a ruler, pins, or just bring yourself. Bring fabric scraps if you plan to make log cabin blocks. If you have any extra pieces of batting or backing fabric, that would be great, too!

I promise we'll put you to work!  Not only will you get the chance to meet other local sewing folks, but you'll also have the opportunity to check out Sewtropolis' beautiful selection of quilting and apparel fabrics and their cool sewing studio. I'll bring snacks.

See you there!

-Annik

1 comment:

  1. Just started following you. What a great thing you are doing for Japan. Hope your "sewing bee" goes well.
    My first log cabin turned out so badly the squares are sitting in a bag waiting for me to figure out how to use them in another project.
    My girl friend said just sew, you don't have to be exact, as she was cutting all the material for me. So between her cutting and my sewing! Heaven help. HeeHee Hope you'll come by and visit me too.

    ReplyDelete