Monday, December 5, 2011

Toning it Down

True confession. I love bright colors. The brighter the better.

One of several eye-blinding (in a good way) buntings on my Etsy shop

This obsession with color started early with 3/4 sleeve rainbow shirts we all wore in the early 80's. I had the pastel version. Oh, how I loved that shirt. When the neon craze started around the time of WHAM! I embraced the movement with open arms.



Based on the the items in my Etsy shop, it seems pretty clear that all these years later I'm still a little obsessed with rainbows hues (thank goodness I'm no longer obsessed with unicorns - that would be weird).
 
Earth tones and muted colors don't come naturally (no pun intended) to me, but I'm trying.  Here's a sneak peak at my latest quilt. As I was squaring up endless half-square blocks this weekend, I kept thinking, I can't believe I'm working with this palette.


Blush by Basic Grey for Moda
Isn't it funny how the trends of your youth have a tendency to shape your taste later in life? Wait, they didn't? You mean I'm the only one??  ;)

Ciao for now,
-Annik

No comments:

Post a Comment